Before buy klonopin online you should know the basic details of the drug. It belongs to the benzodiazepines class of drugs, which have relaxing characteristics. Klonopin also has the potential to bring down anxiety and seizures and relax the muscles.
Active ingredient of klonopin i.e. benzodiazepines shows its sedative effects by stimulating the gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the brain which is a neurotransmitter that slows down the activity of the central nervous system (CNS) of your brain.
- Generic Name; Clonazepam
- Brand Name; Klonopin
- Drug Class; Benzodiazepines
- Chemical name; 5-(2-chlorophenyl)-1,3-dihydro-7-nitro-2H-1,4- benzodiazepin-2-one
- Molecular weight; 315.72
Mechanism of action
Klonopin has benzodiazepine as its active ingredient which has a long lasting effect. It shows its medication effect by releasing gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) inside the brain as a positive allosteric modulator. Benzodiazepines ease the GABA action by increasing the intensity of chloride channel opening, which results in hyperpolarization of the neurons and reducing excited neurons thus producing calming effects on the brain.
Uses of Klonopin
Klonopin and other forms of clonazepam are used to treat a variety of disorders and issues such as;
The primary use of Klonopin;
- anxiety disorders
- muscle disorders
The secondary uses of klonopin for treatment are;
- Agoraphobia; it is a fear of places and situations that might cause panic, helplessness, or embarrassment.
- For treating epilepsy in children.
- Muscle disorders; like Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS),
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome.
Klonopin Dosage: You should use klonopin exactly as your doctor prescribed for you. Doctors usually start with a low dose and gradually increase it over 2 to 4 weeks until your body adjusts to the dosages.
Adult (ages 18 to 64 years) dosage;
- General starting dose: 0.25 mg taken twice per day, it might be increased from 0.5mg to maximum of 4mg per day according to the condition of the patients. A doctor may also reduce the dosage not more than 0.125 mg every three days, slowly when stopping treatment with this drug or according to the condition of the patient.
Child dosage (ages 0 to 17 years) ;
- Clinical it is not established that clonazepam is safe or effective for use in people younger than 18 years for this condition.
Senior dosage (ages 65 years and older);
- For seniors, doctors may start with a lowered dose or a different dosing schedule which helps keep levels of this drug from building up too much in their body.
- The kidneys may not work as well as they used to for older age group people. Which processes its effect more slowly. As a result, drugs stay in their body for a longer time which raises their risk of side effects.
And according to the different disease general dosages are;
- For epilepsy in adults; the starting dose is 1mg (increasing to 4 mg to 8 mg over 2 to 4 weeks)
- For epilepsy in children; the dose varies depending on their age and it will be increased gradually over 2 to 4 weeks
- For involuntary muscle spasms (adults); the starting dose is 1mg taken at night (increasing to 4 mg to 8 mg over 2 to 4 weeks)
- For panic disorder; 1mg to 2mg each day
- For restless legs syndrome; 500 micrograms to 2mg each day
Side effects of Klonopin
Side effects of this drugs depend from person to person and on various other factors such as patients medical history, age group etc.
Take medical assistance immediately if you have side effects, The sedative effects of clonazepam may last longer in older adults therefore take caution to avoid accidental injury while you are taking Klonopin.
Common Klonopin side effects such as:
- disturbed sleep
- drowsiness, dizziness, feeling sleepy in the daytime
- feeling light-headed, unsteady or dizzy
- muscle weakness
- feeling tired or depressed
- memory problems
- problems with walking or coordination.
Rare side effects of Klonopin such as:
- Uncontrolled eye movements
- Dysarthria; in which the muscles used to speak are damaged, paralyzed or weakened.
- muscle weakness
- Tremor; that is rhythmic shaking movement in one or more parts of your body
- Hallucinations, nightmares
- Respiratory depression; weak or shallow breathing
- Worsening seizures
- Severe drowsiness
- Suicidal thoughts
How to counter these side effects; to counter these side effects you must visit your doctor, but incase of emergency like unavailability of the hospital or doctor at your place you may prefer these medicines at time only which may ease your effects for a certain period of time in some side effects only such as;
- For disturbed sleep/ insomnia; you may take lowest dose of Ambien drug or ativan drug
- Drowsiness, dizziness or feeling sleepy in the daytime; modafinil drug
- For muscle pain; soma 250 mg
- For Fever; Paracetamol 500mg
- Worsening seizures; Diazepam
Warnings & Precautions
- Before consuming klonopin, tell your doctor about your medical history such as if you are allergic to some drug or to other benzodiazepines such as diazepam, lorazepam or if you have any other allergies because it contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- Patients with medical conditions should not use this medication without any doctors prescription such as;
- any type of eye problem,
- a certain blood disorder (porphyria),
- liver disease,
- kidney disease,
- lung/breathing problems,
- Depression such as suicidal thoughts, sudden mental/mood change
- personal or family with medical history or any disorder (such as overuse of or addiction to drugs/alcohol).
- Do not drive or do anything that requires alertness or concentration because this drug may cause dizziness or drowsiness.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and Tell your doctor if you are alcohol addicted.
- Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs you use.
- For children discuss the risks and benefits of treatment with clonazepam with your doctor, the long-term effects on physical and mental/behavioral development.
- Older patients should use this medicine with caution because it might be more sensitive to the effects of this drug for older people such as increase the risk of falling, drowsiness and confusion.
- For pregnant women, this medication should be used only when clearly prescribed by the doctor. It may harm an unborn baby. So before planning for pregnancy or thinking you may be pregnant, immediately talk to your doctor about the benefits and risks of using this medication during pregnancy.
- For breastfeeding women, this medication should be used only when clearly prescribed by the doctor. It may harm an unborn baby because this drug passes into breast milk and may have unwanted effects on the baby.
Showing the single result